Tuesday, 15 January 2019

Signal Violation



Red-------Yellow--------Green

When we think about traffic signals, These are the major colors. In our childhood time, We were taught that Red for to stop, yellow for about to start and Green for go. Nowadays all the colors meant the same I guess everything for Go mode. Nobody stops for red . So many traffic violations happening in our day to day journey. You can ask me whether I obey traffic rules. of course I didn't... Did I? I didn't even  wait for the red While driving  especially in ECR kinda ever free roads. Sometimes violating the rules was  like an achievement for me on that day.  I had been fined for signal violation at T nagar , one of the main congested junction of Chennai. We do have emergency reasons behind every violations. Everybody has emergency, But we think we are driving an ambulance , that will not stop at any tolls. Until I was disturbed by the original incident, I was driving like a motocross romeo.

Th picture I posted here was the junction I mentioned. Main OMR signal through IT express way, you might have heard of heavy and congested signal among others in the same. She was driving towards the way to tiruvanmiyur while crossing the signal  i.e From OMR in order to take ECR, turning right  through ECR link road. Though she was driving medium fast in her green while taking right, Tata Sumo from ECR to OMR right came and hit hardly at her. She was thrown out to an extreme which was diagonally opposite to the bike she drove.All these were happened in a fraction of a second.  Her Face was severely injured , she was bleeding badly , couldn't even get up. The nearby people admitted her to 24Hrs Trauma injury Emergency hospital there itself. I bet I didn't get out of the shock  for nearly a week. After a month she had joined in our office. One side of her face was in scarlet color. she came back to normal as months passed by. When I asked her about the incident, What she told was stung in my heart.

"violating the red is just a simple thing.  But we should not take chance of someone else's green. They may have emergency too. Nothing will happen if we wait for forty more seconds at the max. Yellow is for just starting the engine and about to move to first gear from neutral. Nowadays driving in yellow(3 secs) is a trend.  I don't know what will happen within that three seconds. If you ride, Trust me you are going to kill someone else's life, may be yours one day" 

Someone else's .... Someone else's... This word stuck in my mind for a while even now. Going or halting in our green doesn't matter to anybody. going in other's green definitely matter to somebody. We all should have empathy and conscious about other's green.  Nowadays I do pause for a second if it is red, waiting for my turn. Nothing gonna be happened if we wait for some more seconds. I don't ride in red. Better to say . I don't ride in other's green.

Dear readers,please follow this. Its not a rule .Its our choice to give life for someone else.. Don't drink and drive . Please Think and Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment